Vastu Shastra Tips for Home Colours
How do you feel when you see flowers?
You feel good from within, and a smile comes on your face. The beautiful colours of the flowers charm your eyes and heart. Which book would you prefer to read: a book with black and white text or a book with colourful illustrations? More likely, you would choose the latter one because of its appeal.
The above two examples help us understand that colours impact our senses and decisions. Research shows that colours act as stimuli for the brain and affect the way you feel and think . Different colours affect the brain differently, such as blue, which makes you feel cool, while red arouses bold feelings, etc. Every colour has a meaning and a vibe to convey. Therefore, colours should be carefully chosen and used to communicate or evoke the desired emotions.
For a home, a person should choose colours as per Vastu Shastra. According to house Vastu, colours carry energy that has a profound effect on the body, mind, and soul of the family members. Painting the walls of the home in accordance with Vastu colours can ensure positivity, and vibrancy.
Vastu Colours for Home
1) Colour for Master Bedroom: The most ideal location for the master bedroom is the southwest corner of the home. The colour scheme for the bedroom as per Vastu can be soft shades of red to infuse passion into the lives of the couple or delicate shades of green or blue for a soothing and calming atmosphere.
2) Colour for Children’s Bedroom: Children under the age of 10 should sleep in the East corner of the home, as in this quadrant there is lots of energy that helps in overall development. Suitable Vastu colours for the room are Sattvic and Rajasic. Sattvic colours such as white and blue are for growth, and Rajasic colors such as yellow, orange, and red are for imagination.
3) Colour for Study Room: The best location for the study room is the West direction, and for studying, the East direction. Tips for Vastu colours for study rooms say that shades of blue promote expansion, higher thoughts, and yellow hued walls stimulate the brain.
You may like to read: Things Not To Keep at Home Entrance: Vastu Tips
4) Colour for Kitchen: The ideal location for the kitchen is in the South-East corner of the home because it is the zone of fire. The walls of the kitchen can be painted in hues of yellow, orange, rose, chocolate, or red, as per Vastu Shastra. The walls should not be black.
5) Colour for Guest Bedroom: The location of the guest room is best suited in the Northwest direction. Select colours from the soft and neutral colour palette, such as cream, beige, mocha, light grey, etc., for guest room according to Vastu.
6) Colour for Bathroom: The bathroom should be in the Northwest zone of the house, as it is governed by the water element. Choose white, sky blue, or any soothing colour tiles and walls for the bathroom. Avoid red or black for the bathroom.
7) Colour for Living-room/Drawing-room: The living room or drawing room must be in the North, West, or Northwest corner of the home. Lighter shades like light yellow, white, light blue, and light green are appropriate. Light colours promote feeling of warmth, as per Vastu.
8) Colour for Home Office: The office in the home should be set up in the West or Southwest direction. Opt for light gold, light green, light yellow, or cream colours for the walls. Light gold colour increases work productivity and profits, and light green balances the mind-body as per Vastu.
Select home colours as per Vastu and benefit the family members with good health, wealth, happiness, and harmony.
Vastu Books by Dr. J C Chaudhry
Leave a Reply
Your email address will not be published